Home » Lodging complaints and alerts
Lodging complaints and alerts
You have the right to lodge a COMPLAINT against a controller and/or processor of personal data for violation of your rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and/or the Personal Data Protection Act or an ALERT for infringement of the law, when your rights are not affected.
Your complaint/alert must be translated into Bulgarian.
The complaint or alert must contain:
1. Information about the sender - name, address for correspondence and permanent address, telephone, e-mail (if available);
2. The nature of the complaint or alert;
3. Date of knowledge of the violation, if such is claimed;
4. Indication of a person against whom complaint or alert is submitted;
5. Other information or documents, when this is provided by law or in the Rules on the Activity of the Commission for Personal Data Protection and its Administration;
6. Date and signature (for electronic documents - QES, for paper - handwritten).
You can lodge a complaint or alert to the Commission for Personal Data Protection in one of the following ways:
1. In person – at the CPDP’s Registry at: 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592 (see the location of CPDP).
2. By post to: 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., Sofia 1592, Commission for Personal Data Protection.
3. By fax: +3592/91-53-525.
4. By e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT! When loging a complaint in this way, the complaint must be formed as an electronic document signed with a qualified electronic signature (QES). CPDP takes no action for complaints that are scanned or photographed and submitted to our e-mail, but not signet with QES.