Home » International Cooperation » European Data Protection Supervisor
European Data Protection Supervisor
The EDPS is an independent supervisory authority devoted to protecting personal data and privacy and promoting good practice in the EU institutions and bodies. The EDPS` general objective is to ensure that the European institutions and bodies respect the right to privacy when they process personal data and develop new policies.
Its principal objective is:
• to monitor and ensure the protection of personal data and privacy when EU institutions and bodies process the personal information of individuals, and be consulted on new policy developments;
• to cooperate with national supervisory authorities and other supervisory bodies to improve consistency in protecting personal information;
• to advise EU institutions and bodies on all matters relating to the processing of personal information;
• to monitor new technology that may affect the protection of personal information;
• to intervene before the Court of Justice of the EU to provide expert advice on interpreting data protection law.
Information about the European Data Protection Supervisor is published HERE.